Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fear of going blind...

Everytime I go to the Gurney Training Center for the blind, I have this fear of going blind just by looking at those who are totally blind. This week I had my very first mobility lesson. Because I still have limited vision left, I had to blindfold myself for the lesson. IT WAS A VERY TERRIFYING EXPERIENCE... The feeling of blank and hopelessness flooded into me. It was especially horrible when I had to go down the stairs..its juz so impossible...
The fear of going blind crept into me every night...I lay for hours just thinking about it..I am holding on to the little vision I had left as if its my life, and I don't know if I can cope if one day I lose it...Of course in front of my parents I have to act strong, but here I can express myself freely..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassions and God of all comfort;"
(2 Cor 1:3)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Josephine said...

no matter wat, we will always be here if u need us.. take care old friend *hugs*

2:55 PM  
Blogger AmyWongJiaHui said...

Dear friend,

Have faith in Him. The journey might seems impossible at the moment but don't lose hope! Be strong! Do what you feel like doing! It is your life! Enjoys it until the very last minute!! Dont give up!

Of course, saying is easier than done. I myself are struggling too;) but i start to learn to cast my burden and worries onto God's hand to decide. I will just do my best.

If this is the journey that you are going to walk, walk with dignity, my friend! This is definitely not an easy path to take up and not many people succeed in walking this journey alone! Having the crazy thoughts within but portraying the opposite is hard to bear.

I wish to say a prayer for my dear friend, hope you will not mind...

"Father, today i wish to pray for my friend, CSY. Father, only you know how painful and heartbroken my friend is at the moment or in moments that she is in a less illuminated places. The fear of the darkness when they fell in... Father, you have seen how much she had suffered through all these years and how it had changed her bits by bits. I wish to pray for Your healing hand upon her as she brave herself to walk the journey ahead. Father, keep her by your side so that she will be able to walk with you, O Lord. Open her eyes, O Father, so that she will sees hope in You and the light at the end of the tunnel! Continue to bless her with keen determination and courage to live every single day! Renew her, Comfort her, Guide her and Embrace her with your unconditional love! Earnestly i pray, in Lord Jesus Christ's name, Amen"

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home